jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Richard Kogelnig <richard.kogel...@openforce.com>
Subject XML import - only nt:unstructured?
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2007 15:34:31 GMT
Hello list,
I have a question regarding the XML import into a jackrabbit repository.
What I want to do is to import existing well structured XML files into a
repository.
The FirstHops example (ThirdHop
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/doc/firststeps.html )shows how to do this,
but all nodes are of primary node type nt:unstructured.
I tried to write a node type definition for my XML document and node
types but still get nt:unstructured nodes.
My question:
Is jackrabbit able to import nodes other than nt:unstructured? (JCR
Specifications 1.0.1 in section 7.3.3 and 7.3.4 say it's up to the
implementation to either ignore or respect node type information)
And if - is there a how to or documentation how to accomplish this?

best regards,
Richard Kogelnig

!DSPAM:1622,4694f9a6262211478919533!