jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Phillip Rhodes <spamsu...@rhoderunner.com>
Subject Does jackrabbit suffer from n+1 SQL SELECT queries?
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2007 20:45:06 GMT

Hi everyone,

I was thinking about the SimpleDbPersistenceManager and OraclePersistenceManager implementations,
and if jackrabbit suffers from the n+1 select problem.

Does jackrabbit issue a select statement in order to retrieve all the properties and their
values for a node?  If so, wouldn't jackrabbit have the problem of issuing 400 different select
statements as it iterates over 400 nodes?

Sorry for the general question, just trying to figure out how I can improve performance for
my jackrabbit application.

Phillip