jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "harvey waters" <harvey.wat...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: DM Rule #3: Workspaces are for corresponding nodes.
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2007 12:10:12 GMT
I was thinking of it in a slightly different way. I could use the audit work
space to store the corresponding audit node in (which has the same uuid as
the node in the data workspace which holds the actual data) as opposed to
simply stuffing the audit trail in a 'bucket' .  The corresponding node
would have a number of child nodes which would be the actual record of an
access.

I guess I'm trying to sperate the two aspects of the node because the audit
trail would never be included with the searches in the 'data' workspace and
I have a nagging doubt that the audit trail (which could become huge) could
effect the performance of the 'data' workspace.

In the perfect world though I know I would store the audit trail with the
actual node so that I could just use node.getAuditTrail()  or have you guys
already included that in jsr283 :)