jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "David Nuescheler" <da...@day.com>
Subject Re: Locking within a clustered environment
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2007 14:18:23 GMT
Hi Shaun,

> I've able to lock node /home/nodeA in instance 1. My expectation is that
> attempting to lock this in instance 2 would yield a "Node already locked"
> error.
If the lock is committed I would expect the same behaviour...

> Instead we ARE able to lock /home/nodeA in instance 2 as well. This implies
> that 2 users could concurrently modify a node simultaneously which is not
> desirable.
agreed ;)

The only thing that I could imagine is that transactions are in the way.

It is important to understand that a sequence...

---
BeginTransaction
Lock
Do Something
Save
Unlock
Commit
---

...can be considered equivalent to...

---
BeginTransaction
Do Something
Save
Commit
---

...and therefore is unnecessary overuse of locking.
Atomicity is guaranteed anyway.

regards,
david