jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "David Nuescheler" <da...@day.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit = Kick Ass Tool
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2007 07:55:04 GMT
hi bertrand,

thanks for clearing things up...

here my two cents...

> 1) Cache Manager resizes seem to slow your app down
are there any numbers on this? from a profiler?

> 2) You're going to be fired because you lost your index (or Jackrabbit did)
i think it would be great if we could store some sort of a "baselines" of the
index somewhere "less volatile" (maybe in the same store as the pm uses).
so we could quickly recover from a "lost" index situation.
i know that marcel even wanted to experiment with storing the index "in" the
repository. maybe this one would be worth a jira issue, if we dont have
one already.

> 3) You're not sure about which application pattern/content model to use
i will try to sum up the guidelines discussed two weeks ago (as
promised) in the
wiki as soon as i get to it.
i consider those guidelines my personal best practices around content
modeling. that may helps.

regards,
david