jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "David Nuescheler" <da...@day.com>
Subject Re: Isolation level inconsistency.
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2007 07:48:40 GMT
Hi Ivan,

Thanks for your summary.

> When discussion will cool down I will summarize it and send a feedback to
> jsr-283-comments@jcp.org.
very good.

> So far it looks like I hit the honey pot, I see a few use-cases from list
> members in support of an idea and none against and it bother me.

I support your idea that from an API users perspective this behaviour
could be desirable.

This particular limitation was originally put into the spec because
a lot of vendors believe that that it is hard to implement or they cannot
implement it at all. So you can consider that the current specification
is what most vendors can implement.
The section you originally quoted is in the spec on purpose, it is not
an oversight.

As I mentioned I think one could suggest to loosen this contract by
leaving the query scope unspecified as a compromise.

Personally, just from my gut feeling I cannot see a lot of support from
the vendors for your proposed strict change, but feel free to submit
it anyway, and it will certainly be considered.

regards,
david