jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "David Nuescheler" <da...@day.com>
Subject Re: Isolation level inconsistency.
Date Sun, 22 Jul 2007 14:47:05 GMT
Hi Ivan et al,

I would like to make sure that I understand your intention.

(a) JCR should not mandate the scope of query wrt the transient space
(b) Jackrabbit should implement isolation differently

In case you are interested in option (a) then I would like to suggest to
send this to jsr-283-comments@jcp.org

I guess that from the discussion on this list it is relatively evident
though that there are a number of arguments that can be made for either
way implementing or using a content repository.

I think you have a point that if one can argue both ways it probably
makes sense to allow both implementations in the specification, and
therefore rewrite the section you quoted in the beginning of this thread.

Again, please feel free to suggest that to jsr-283-comments@jcp.org

If you comments are more targeted at (b) I think
dev@jackrabbit.apache.org is the correct audience, and a patch would
certainly be a good start ;).
Personally, I believe that the isolation levels problem particularly when
it comes to things like ranking in full-text search or transient modifications
that do not satisfy nodetype constraints can become more tricky than
expected.

regards,
david