jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Michal Hybler <m.hyb...@email.cz>
Subject Synchronous EventConsumer threw exception.
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2007 18:45:07 GMT

We have problem with Jackrabbit 1.3 repository. We run our repository in
websphere community edition and we use MSSQL. We are developing client which
runs on local computer and communicate with jacrabbit by RMI. Jackrabbit
runs on one server(Windows 2000) and MSSQL on another server(2000 too). We
can make connection to repository and import one file if we try to import
another file exceprion has been thrown:

Server started.
Jul 30, 2007 4:15:08 PM org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.CacheManager
resizeAll
INFO: resizeAll size=6
Jul 30, 2007 4:15:09 PM
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.observation.ObservationDispat
cher dispatchEvents
SEVERE: Synchronous EventConsumer threw exception.
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.NodeIndexer.createDoc(NodeInd
exer.java:146)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.SearchIndex.createDocument(Se
archIndex.java:566)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.SearchIndex$2.next(SearchInde
x.java:368)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.MultiIndex.update(MultiIndex.
java:354)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.SearchIndex.updateNodes(Searc
hIndex.java:356)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SearchManager.onEvent(SearchManager.java:4
23)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.observation.EventConsumer.consumeEvents(Ev
entConsumer.java:231)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.observation.ObservationDispatcher.dispatch
Events(ObservationDispatcher.java:201)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.observation.EventStateCollection.dispatch(
EventStateCollection.java:424)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.observation.DelegatingObservationDispatche
r.dispatch(DelegatingObservationDispatcher.java:123)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.observation.DelegatingObservationDispatche
r.dispatchEvents(DelegatingObservationDispatcher.java:99)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.observation.EventStateCollection.dispatch(
EventStateCollection.java:424)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.SharedItemStateManager$Update.end(Sh
aredItemStateManager.java:721)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.SharedItemStateManager.update(Shared
ItemStateManager.java:855)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.LocalItemStateManager.update(LocalIt
emStateManager.java:326)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.LocalItemStateManager.update(LocalIt
emStateManager.java:302)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.version.AbstractVersionManager$WriteOperat
ion.save(AbstractVersionManager.java:178)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.version.AbstractVersionManager.checkin(Abs
tractVersionManager.java:376)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.version.VersionManagerImpl$2.run(VersionMa
nagerImpl.java:289)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.version.VersionManagerImpl$DynamicESCFacto
ry.doSourced(VersionManagerImpl.java:630)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.version.VersionManagerImpl.checkin(Version
ManagerImpl.java:285)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.version.XAVersionManager.checkin(XAVersion
Manager.java:161)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.NodeImpl.checkin(NodeImpl.java:2933)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.server.ServerNode.checkin(ServerNode.java:3
36)
        at
java:64)
        at
sorImpl.java:43)
        at
sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:309)
        at
java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:275
)
        at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:164)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:5
06)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.handleRequest(TC
PTransport.java:838)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport
.java:912)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:803)
If we use file storage(objectPersistneceManager - or something similiar i
cant remember it exactly) instead of database everything goes right. It
looks like database or connection problem but we cant recognise it because
its exception in jackrabbit.

Thanks for help. Michal