jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Paco Avila <pav...@git.es>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit is dead (for us)
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 12:48:08 GMT
El vie, 06-07-2007 a las 14:05 +0200, Frédéric Esnault escribió:

> lack of administration possibilities: It is currently impossible in JR to modify
> an existing node type, to add/modify/remove properties. Refactoring is important
> for us, and impossible in Jackrabbit.

You can make a migration. A node modification is like a table
modification in a database structure (from my point of view)

> Strong constraints on the repository structure : we saw in the different
>  mailing lists that Jackrabbit works (quite) well with a specific architecture,
>  and that not following it induces very important and unacceptable performance
> loss (both for writing and searching);

We use JR at OpenKM - http://www.openkm.com (Document MAnagement System)
and is VERY fast.

> Search is also a (very) important feature for us, and currently Jackrabbit
>  is much too limited in this area. SQL is not complete (well we don't need
> full SQL, but at least....joins...); and xpath is limited also, dereferencing
>  is impossible or must be developed as an upper layer above Jackrabbit.

We use JR at OpenKM (Document MAnagement System) and is VERY fast
(again)

Do you know http://www.alfresco.com/ ?

--
Paco Avila <pavila@git.es>