jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "mike.wilson" <...@fluent.com>
Subject Re: DatabaseJournal doesn't work with springmodules
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2007 15:21:06 GMT

Dominique Pfister wrote:

> Hi Rafał,
>
> a test case will probably not be necessary. Looks like the
> DatabaseJournal does not save the returned revision_id along with the
> record currently being created but rather as one of its instance
> member variables and therefore incorrectly associates both records
> with the same revision_id. The commit() call after having inserted
> only the first of two records is another defect: apparently the
> DatabaseJournal's lock is not truly reentrant. I will file a jira
> issue for this.
>
> Thanks for reporting this bug!
> Dominique

Greetings,

I am experiencing what appear to be the same symptoms as reported by Rafal.
Has a fix been made, or is there an open jira issue on this?  I could not
find either, but could have missed it.  To summarize:

FileJournal works perfectly
DatabaseJournal (mysql/innodb/read-committed) fails with errors like:

Caused by:
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException:
Duplicate entry '46' for key 1
        at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:931)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:2870)
        at
com.mysql.jdbc.ServerPreparedStatement.serverExecute(ServerPreparedStatement.java:1160)
        at
com.mysql.jdbc.ServerPreparedStatement.executeInternal(ServerPreparedStatement.java:685)
        at
com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.execute(PreparedStatement.java:790)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.journal.DatabaseJournal.append(DatabaseJournal.java:293)

I get the same result whenever I update a node, using any combination of the
following:
Jackrabbit-1.3 (release)
Jackrabbit-1.3.1 (candidate release from
http://people.apache.org/~jukka/jackrabbit/1.3.1)
MySQL 5.0.27
mysql-connector-5.0.3
mysql-connector-5.0.7

When I turn on logging in mysql, I see duplicate commits/inserts into the
journal, the first containing the node data, the second containing some
short (null?) value, both having the same JOURNAL_ID:

2 Query       SET autocommit=0
2 Query       update J_C_GLOBAL_REVISION set revision_id = revision_id + 1
2 Query       select revision_id from J_C_GLOBAL_REVISION
2 Query       select REVISION_ID, JOURNAL_ID, PRODUCER_ID, REVISION_DATA
from J_C_JOURNAL where REVISION_ID > 44
4 Query       select 1 from DEMO_REFS where NODE_ID =
'6b594e07-c26a-4f12-ba91-e7699f15df3e'
2 Query       SET autocommit=0
2 Query       update J_C_GLOBAL_REVISION set revision_id = revision_id + 1
2 Query       select revision_id from J_C_GLOBAL_REVISION
2 Query       select REVISION_ID, JOURNAL_ID, PRODUCER_ID, REVISION_DATA
from J_C_JOURNAL where REVISION_ID > 44
(SQL calls that update the node appear here)
4 Query       commit
2 Query       insert into J_C_JOURNAL(REVISION_ID, JOURNAL_ID, PRODUCER_ID,
REVISION_DATA) values (46,'node3','JR',<lots of data for the node>)
2 Query       commit
2 Query       SET autocommit=1
2 Query       SET autocommit=1
2 Query       insert into J_C_JOURNAL(REVISION_ID, JOURNAL_ID, PRODUCER_ID,
REVISION_DATA) values (46,'node3','JR',_binary'\0\0')
2 Query       SET autocommit=1
2 Query       SET autocommit=1

Thanks!
Mike Wilson