jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Michal Hybler <m.hyb...@email.cz>
Subject lock mechanism
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2007 10:47:56 GMT

Is there lock mechanism which dont use threads? I have some methods as add
file, delete file, remove file, update file... . All of these methods lock
node before they do something with it and after that unlock node.
I have two questions:

1) Which node should I lock?
Now I lock root node but is that necessary?

2) If one method has locked node and other want to acces it how can I solve
it? I cant find method as wait or waitForUnlock or something similar. I dont
want to write separate thread class for each action. All operations with
repository take place in one session.

Thanks for your ideas Michal