jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "sbarriba" <sbarr...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Locking within a clustered environment
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2007 14:05:51 GMT
Hi all,

We're testing clustering with 2 JackRabbit 1.3 instances - Instance 1 and
Instance 2 using the DatabaseJournal with MySql.

I've able to lock node /home/nodeA in instance 1. My expectation is that
attempting to lock this in instance 2 would yield a "Node already locked"
error.

Instead we ARE able to lock /home/nodeA in instance 2 as well. This implies
that 2 users could concurrently modify a node simultaneously which is not
desirable.

Am I correct in expecting clustering to propagate lock statuses?

Regards,

Shaun.