jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "sbarriba" <sbarr...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject RE: RE: Hot backup solutions?
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2007 13:26:01 GMT
The hot backup is probably our number 1 challenge at the moment.
Yes, backing up the file system and database addresses the very basic
requirement but as highlighted by Thomas et al it
 a) doesn't allow you to restore a workspace, and
 b) it feels like you're backing up at too lower level, and
 c) you really only want to manage one backup artefact.

Backups are a fairly fundamental part of Jackrabbits enterprise-class
status.

Regards,
Shaun.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Neale [mailto:michael.neale@gmail.com]
Sent: 25 July 2007 07:52
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: RE: Hot backup solutions?

Me too. From my experience the performance of the export to XML is to poor
to be used for a backup.

I don't think JCR2.0 addresses hot backups, so I don't think a standard at
that level will happen. Of course there is nothing stopping jackrabbit
having a persistence manager independent facility (but it would be a LOT of
work, and it has to be near perfect). For now, I would say use the database
facilities (but that also means you can't do a per-workspace hot backup and
restore, in effect).