jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "sbarriba" <sbarr...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Hot backup solutions?
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 12:58:12 GMT
Hi all,

What are people using to hot backup their JackRabbit repositories?

Our requirements are:

1)      The repository needs to be 100% available - so no downtime permitted

2)      It's sufficient to backup the data only - we can separately backup
the NodeTypes and Repository config etc.

I'm assuming that requirement 1) excludes the Backup contrib. tool?
(http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/BackupTool)

We're currently using the command line contrib to manually export using
exportSysView - we are considering writing a simple Java Wrapper that can be
scheduled to do this for a particular set of workspaces.

All comments welcome.

Regards,

Shaun.