jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "sbarriba" <sbarr...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Export ignores type definition in CND file
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2007 07:56:20 GMT
Hi all,

We came across the following issue when migrating between versions of a our
CND file.

Assume version 1 of an application has:

[acme:TestType] > nt:Base

               - acme:foo (long) protected COPY

               - acme:bar (long) protected COPY

You then create various examples of acme:TestType. Property acme:bar is then
deprecated and removed from the model.

To achieve the migration we currently simply replace the
repository/nodetypes/custom_nodetypes.xml with the new CND containing:

[acme:TestType] > nt:Base

               - acme:foo (long) protected COPY

Note that this leaves 'orphaned' property instances of "acme:bar" - for more
significant changes we actually write a migration script which iterates over
the repository but these can be time-consuming to write, especially where
you are renaming a property.

If you simply remove the property from the CND this works fine for newly
created TestType instances but if you export objects created with the
original definition then the orphaned properties ARE included in the export
file. This export file cannot then be used for import without modification.
This may be as expected, but I 'think' it would be reasonable if the export
only included properties defined in the current CND file.

Thoughts?

Regards,

Shaun.