jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Tobias Bocanegra" <tobias.bocane...@day.com>
Subject Re: Versioned binary files stored as deltas rather than as exact copies of files?
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2007 07:22:38 GMT
currently there are not plans of implementing a smarter storing of
versioned content.
but we're thinking of an alternative way of storing blobs so
that every unique blob only gets stored once. so if the binary data
does not change from version to version, it would only get stored

regards, toby

On 6/7/07, Bob Kerfoot <bkerfoot@dearborn.com> wrote:
> I am currently storing versionable .tgz files in my repository and the versions
> are being created as expected as .bin files under
> "/repositoryroot/version/blobs".
> However the .bin file used to store each version of the binary is an exact
> duplicate of the actual binary file being versioned rather than a delta
> of the previous version and the current version.
> Is there any way to have the the .bin files stored as deltas rather than as
> exact copies of the binary being versioned?

T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97