jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problems with importing binary repository contents on a Solaris box
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2007 12:53:11 GMT
On 6/28/07, Hatherly, Adam (GE Money) <Adam.Hatherly@ge.com> wrote:

> ...when I try to import a file exported from one of these environments into my other
> target environment (Sun App Server 7 on Solaris 9), I get the below error:...

> ...Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
>         at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:1111)
>         at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(SAXParser.java:345)...

This might indicate that a broken XML parser is present in your Java
environment.

I'd try putting a known good version of xerces in Java's lib/endorsed
directory before starting the app, to see if it makes a difference.

Jackrabbit currently uses the default XML parser provided by the
SAXParserFactory, so broken parsers found "early" in the classloading
chain can cause trouble.

FWIW, http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/EndorsedLibsProblem describes a
similar problem that we had with Cocoon.

-Bertrand