jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Christoph Kiehl ...@sulu3000.de>
Subject Re: memory profiling of jackrabbit
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2007 22:12:34 GMT
Torgeir Veimo wrote:

> In my webapp, I see the size of "CMs Old Gen" memory increase over time
> when there are no requests coming in, and I don't have any other
> components running background processes like jackrabbit does.
>
> My repository uses derby persistence and blobs in the filesystem.
>
> I'm including a screenshot of jconsole. Memory usage increases until the
> application just freezes with out of memory errors.

Unfortunately it is very hard to guess who consumes your just using
jconsole. Maybe you could try to profile your application with a real
profiler (Yourkit offers a free EA version of their upcoming 7.0
version). There you can calculate the differences between memory
snapshots from which it should be quite easy to identify the cause of
your OOM exceptions.

Cheers,
Christoph