jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Christoph Kiehl ...@sulu3000.de>
Subject Re: Quick question about permissions
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2007 13:38:16 GMT
Paco Avila wrote:
> I've implemented my own access manager to protect some documents and folders
> (the application is an Document Management System -> OpenKM). Look at this folder
hierarchy:

>  root -> folder1 -> folder2 -> testDocument
>
> If I protect 'folder2' (user can't read) when I search the 'testDocument' is included
> in the search results, why?

AFAIK the result iterator in Jackrabbit calls isGranted() on your access
manager just for "testDocument". This means if you want to inherit the
permissions for "testDocument" from "folder2" you need to implement that
in your isGranted() method. Jackrabbit does not automatically inherit
permissions.

Cheers,
Christoph