jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alexandru Popescu ☀" <the.mindstorm.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how can i speed up nodeiterator?
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2007 22:10:27 GMT
On 6/20/07, Phillip Rhodes <spamsucks@rhoderunner.com> wrote:
> Alex,
> What do you mean by manual navigation?

Traversing and filtering the nodes. Indeed this will not work with
user entered searches, but with predefined/parameterized filtering
criterias.

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.

> Thanks.

(not the bytes, but just properties)

> > In my search of the archives, I found a respectDocumentOrder, but this does not
seem to improve performance.
> >   <param name="respectDocumentOrder" value="false"/>
> >
> > I was hoping for some additional ideas on how I can improve performance of the NodeIterator.
 I am using the org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.db.OraclePersistenceManager, if that matters.

> > Later, when things are stabilized further, I will send out a link with info for
this very public application.  We have 22k registered users and they are going to be promoting
it via banners, etc... in the coming months.