jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Gary Dong" <garydong...@gmail.com>
Subject Persistence SearchIndex to database
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2007 22:00:18 GMT
Hi;

I'm using oracle as my repository. I'm think also persistence the search
index to the database. I got two question on that.

1. Is that a good idea to also persistence the search index to the database?

2. Assume it is a feasible idea. I configured the <SearchIndex> element by
provide a <FileSystem> which is configured as OracleFileSystem in my
<Workspace> configuration as below. When I run the application  I noticed
that the  search index is still on local file system.

Can anyone tell how I can persistence search index in the database?
<Workspace name="default">
        <!--
            virtual file system of the workspace:
            class: FQN of class implementing the FileSystem interface
        -->
        <FileSystem class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.OracleFileSystem
">
            <param name="url" value="jdbc:oracle:thin:@dendbd2
:1547:dcn1adev"/>
            <param name="user" value="user"/>
            <param name="password" value="user"/>
            <param name="schemaObjectPrefix" value="ws_file_"/>
        </FileSystem>
        <!--
            persistence manager of the workspace:
            class: FQN of class implementing the PersistenceManager
interface
        -->
        <PersistenceManager class="
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.db.OraclePersistenceManager">
            <param name="externalBLOBs" value="false"/>
            <param name="bundleCacheSize" value="8"/>
            <param name="consistencyCheck" value="false"/>
            <param name="minBlobSize" value="16384"/>
            <param name="driver" value="oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver"/>
            <param name="url" value="jdbc:oracle:thin:@dendbd2
:1547:dcn1adev"/>
            <param name="user" value="user"/>
            <param name="password" value="user"/>
            <param name="schema" value="oracle"/>
            <param name="schemaObjectPrefix" value="${wsp.name}_"/>
        </PersistenceManager>
        <!--
            Search index and the file system it uses.
            class: FQN of class implementing the QueryHandler interface
        -->

        <SearchIndex class="
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.SearchIndex">
            <param name="path" value="${wsp.home}/ws_gary_index"/>
            <FileSystem class="
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.OracleFileSystem">
                <param name="url" value="jdbc:oracle:thin:@dendbd2
:1547:dcn1adev"/>
                <param name="user" value="user"/>
                <param name="password" value="user"/>
                <param name="schemaObjectPrefix" value="${wsp.name
}_index_"/>
            </FileSystem>
        </SearchIndex>

    </Workspace>