jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Felix Meschberger" <Felix.Meschber...@day.com>
Subject Re: difference between xpath searches
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2007 06:52:18 GMT
Hi Mark,

I just reiterate, what has been said before: The argument to the
Node.getNode(String path) method is NOT an xpath query, so the results are
not expected to be the same. Also, the specification is different for the
getNode method and Query.execute methods.

All in all, there is no inconsistency between the two functionalities,
because they are completely different. The two are two ways of achieving
different goals, they are by no means two ways to achieve the same goal.

Regards
Felix