jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Felix Meschberger" <Felix.Meschber...@day.com>
Subject Re: difference between xpath searches
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2007 14:49:34 GMT
Hi Mark,

On 6/27/07, Mark Waschkowski <mwaschkowski@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Felix,
>
> Thanks for the response. Please allow me to clarify the first point, I'm
> actually referring to exactly what is stated, the getNode(xPath) method. I
> see an xpath statement as a type of search because any given xpath may be
> simple path, but often includes some kind of criteria for the result set.

Thanks for the clarification. Now, there is another misconception,
unfortunately. The path argument to the Node.getNode(String) method is not
an XPath querry but a relative path with no pattern characters allowed. This
is for direct addressing of a single child (or descendent) node. This method
just walks down the node hierarchy without applyiing any pattern matching.

Regards
Felix