jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Felix Meschberger" <Felix.Meschber...@day.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit In Low Memory Situations
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2007 05:19:02 GMT
Hi Adrian,

The first situation is due to the implementation of transient items (items
created, modfied, deleted but not saved yet) and has been discussed multiple
times on this list. You can help yourself by importing the data in smaller
junks to limit the number of transient items.

The second situation is probably somewhat harder to come by. For one, it
depends on the persistence manager you are using. If you happen to use e.g.
derby or hsql some memory is used by their internal caching. So you will
have to check the respective persistence manager configuration to limit that
caching. BTW: this caching is not of a big use anyway, as Jackrabbit has
internal caching, which is more likely to match the use case of the
Jackrabbit application.

In addition as I said, Jackrabbit has internal caching, which is probably -
not sure actually, but I think I remember having read something like that -
also configurable to a certain extent. Maybe Stephan or Thomas Müller might
jump in here.

Hope this helps a bit

Regards
Felix