jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Hatherly, Adam (GE Money)" <Adam.Hathe...@ge.com>
Subject Problems with importing binary repository contents on a Solaris box
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2007 12:00:45 GMT
Hi,

I have a web app that makes use of a Jackrabbit repository using a resource adapter in a J2EE
environment. The app includes the ability to export and import repository contents using the
session.exportSystemView and session.importXML methods.

The import and export work fine in my dev environment, which is (JBoss on Windows). It also
works fine on one of my target environments (WebSphere on Linux), but when I try to import
a file exported from one of these environments into my other target environment (Sun App Server
7 on Solaris 9), I get the below error:

javax.jcr.InvalidSerializedDataException: failed to parse XML stream: null: null
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SessionImpl.importXML(SessionImpl.java:1125)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.jca.JCASessionHandle.importXML(JCASessionHandle.java:229)
             -- snip --
Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
        at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:1111)

If I import purely text nodes I don't have any problems, the above problem only occurs when
I import content that contains binary data. I can only assume it is an encoding issue with
the binary data?
Does anyone have any ideas what I am doing wrong?

The code I am using for the import is very simple:

FileInputStream xml = new FileInputStream(filename);
session.importXML("/", xml, ImportUUIDBehavior.IMPORT_UUID_COLLISION_REPLACE_EXISTING);
xml.close();
session.save();

Thanks,
Adam.