jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Frédéric Esnault <f...@legisway.com>
Subject RE: getNode without the name
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2007 11:06:38 GMT

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Jukka Zitting [mailto:jukka.zitting@gmail.com]
Envoyé : vendredi 29 juin 2007 13:01
À : users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Objet : Re: getNode without the name

> Note that querying for a node is considerably more expensive than
> accessing the node directly by path or by UUID.

Yes, i know that, but we have to test search extensively. And in most cases, in our application,
search are going to be used, and path or uuid won't be available.
I'm not worried about the performances of getting a node with a path or a uuid, I am much
more about searches.

> Could you do a similar thing for node paths? List all the paths in
> your repository and pass that list to JMeter.

Actually I thought about this ;) , but it wouldn't be interesting. As I said just above, search
is more interesting for me than get by path.

Frédéric Esnault