jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Frédéric Esnault <f...@legisway.com>
Subject RE: Quick question about permissions
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2007 14:50:32 GMT
Wow, is this true?

Is it true that JackRabbit does not automatically permissions?
And if it's, can we have an idea why?

Or maybe it's an option when the permission is set ?

Frédéric Esnault

-----Message d'origine-----
De : news [mailto:news@sea.gmane.org] De la part de Christoph Kiehl
Envoyé : vendredi 15 juin 2007 15:38
À : users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Objet : Re: Quick question about permissions

Paco Avila wrote:
> I've implemented my own access manager to protect some documents and folders
> (the application is an Document Management System -> OpenKM). Look at this folder
hierarchy:

>  root -> folder1 -> folder2 -> testDocument
>
> If I protect 'folder2' (user can't read) when I search the 'testDocument' is included
> in the search results, why?

AFAIK the result iterator in Jackrabbit calls isGranted() on your access
manager just for "testDocument". This means if you want to inherit the
permissions for "testDocument" from "folder2" you need to implement that
in your isGranted() method. Jackrabbit does not automatically inherit
permissions.

Cheers,
Christoph