jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Frédéric Esnault <f...@legisway.com>
Subject RE: Reregistering node types
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2007 09:18:09 GMT
Adding a property may cause this problem if the property is mandatory.
What is possible now is to make a 'trivial' modification of a node type.

Here is what is considered trivial and minor changes :

TRIVIAL :
    * changing node type orderableChildNodes flag;
    * changing node type primaryItemName value;
    * adding non-mandatory property/child node;
    * changing property/child node protected flag;
    * changing property/child node onParentVersion value;
    * changing property/child node mandatory flag to false;
    * changing property/child node autoCreated flag;
    * changing child node defaultPrimaryType;
    * changing child node sameNameSiblings flag to true;
    * weaken property valueConstraints (e.g. by removing completely or by adding to 	existing
or by making a single constraint less restrictive);
    * changing property defaultValues.

MINOR:

    * changing specific property/child node name to *;
    * weaken child node requiredPrimaryTypes (e.g. by removing);
    * changing specific property requiredType to undefined;
    * changing property multiple flag to true.

Every other change is major. Currently, only trivial modifications work.

Frédéric Esnault - Ingénieur R&D
Legisway
60 boulevard de la mission Marchand
92400 Courbevoie La Défense