jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Frédéric Esnault <f...@legisway.com>
Subject RE: Importing and Exporting XML
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2007 08:45:38 GMT
Yes the system view is very different from the document view, which is more "business" and/or
"human readable". The system view shows your node information in a system point of view, which
means in a jackrabbit architecture view.

The information you expect to see (ie node name, property values) are mixed in a huge amount
of system information about the node, its type, its mixins, its system properties (mandatory,
multivalued....)

It may be quite funky, as you say.

Frédéric Esnault - Ingénieur R&D

-----Message d'origine-----
De : woolly [mailto:p.barr@lbs-ltd.com]
Envoyé : mercredi 13 juin 2007 10:36
À : users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Objet : RE: Importing and Exporting XML

Frédéric Esnault wrote:

> I confirm, the document view is not recommended for two reasons :
> - some metadata are added during import (at least jcr:primaryType, see
> spec. 7.3.2.1);
> - multivalued properties are not exported !
>
> Use system view... ;)

When I try this:
session.exportSystemView(node.getPath(), out, true, false);

...things get REALLY funky. It starts to look like this:

<sv:property sv:name="jcr:primaryType" sv:type="Name">
     <sv:value>nt:unstructured</sv:value>
</sv:property>

And looks nothing like my original document. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your comments.