jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Frédéric Esnault <f...@legisway.com>
Subject RE: [JCR Controller] Out of memory
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2007 07:24:37 GMT
Sorry to bring bad news, but v0.63 doesn't solve the problem.

I tried also with a -Xmx512m argument, the out of memory comes also, but I had to let it work
loner (say 1 or 2 minutes before the error). This makes me think (sorry), that it's even worse,
because v0.62 was successfully displaying one category of nodes (clicking on another one raised
the OOM error) when I was using the -Xmx512m option.

I don't know how you load your nodes, lazy or eager, but it seems strange that it takes so
long to retrieve the list of nodes for my contracts. Basically it's just one containing nodes,
with 3300 nodes under it.

- lgw:contracts
|- lgw:contract
|- lgw:contract
|- lgw:contract
|- lgw:contract
|- lgw:contract

May be you should turn back to the v0.60 (well before the 0.61) version, then try to think
again what created that error. And think also about the node loading strategy. I'll run tests
on reading lots of nodes from my app, and let you know about my results.

---------------------

Normal launch (not using -Xmx512m), 9900 contents (3x 3300) :

E:\Tools\JCRController>go
INFO - Starting repository...
WARN - Existing lock file at E:\Workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.wst.ser
ver.core\tmp0\webapps\testapp\WEB-INF\repository\.lock detected. Repository was
not shut down properly.
INFO - LocalFileSystem initialized at path E:\Workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.e
clipse.wst.server.core\tmp0\webapps\testapp\WEB-INF\repository\repository
INFO - LocalFileSystem initialized at path E:\Workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.e
clipse.wst.server.core\tmp0\webapps\testapp\WEB-INF\repository\version
INFO - initializing workspace 'default'...
INFO - LocalFileSystem initialized at path E:\Workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.e
clipse.wst.server.core\tmp0\webapps\testapp\WEB-INF\repository\workspaces\defaul
INFO - workspace 'default' initialized
INFO - LocalFileSystem initialized at path E:\Workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.e
clipse.wst.server.core\tmp0\webapps\testapp\WEB-INF\repository\repository\index
INFO - Index initialized: E:\Workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.wst.server
.core\tmp0\webapps\testapp\WEB-INF\repository/repository/index
INFO - LocalFileSystem initialized at path E:\Workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.e
clipse.wst.server.core\tmp0\webapps\testapp\WEB-INF\repository\workspaces\defaul
t\index
INFO - Index initialized: E:\Workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.wst.server
.core\tmp0\webapps\testapp\WEB-INF\repository\workspaces\default/index
INFO - Repository started
INFO - Transient repository initialized
INFO - Session opened
INFO - resizeAll size=6
INFO - resizeAll size=6
INFO - resizeAll size=6
INFO - resizeAll size=6
INFO - resizeAll size=6
INFO - resizeAll size=6
INFO - resizeAll size=6
INFO - resizeAll size=6
INFO - resizeAll size=6
INFO - resizeAll size=6
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap spa
ce
        at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Class.getMethod0(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Class.getMethod0(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Unknown Source)
        at nl.msd.jdots.JD_Object.JD_doMethod(JD_Object.java:272)
        at nl.msd.jdots.JD_Thread.run(JD_Thread.java:58)
        at nl.msd.jdots.JD_Object.JD_doMethod(JD_Object.java:309)
        at nl.msd.jcr.gui.JCRE_DefaultTreeNode.childNodeIsAdded(JCRE_DefaultTree
Node.java:470)
        at nl.msd.jcr.gui.JCRE_DefaultTreeNode$TreeNodeThread.run(JCRE_DefaultTr
eeNode.java:59)
        at nl.msd.jcr.gui.JCRE_DefaultTreeNode.startNodeThread(JCRE_DefaultTreeN
ode.java:215)
        at nl.msd.jcr.gui.JCRE_DefaultTreeNode.grabTreeChildren(JCRE_DefaultTree
Node.java:285)
        at nl.msd.jcr.gui.JCRE_DefaultTreeNode.getChildCount(JCRE_DefaultTreeNod
e.java:329)
        at javax.swing.tree.DefaultTreeModel.getChildCount(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.tree.VariableHeightLayoutCache$TreeStateNode.expand(Unkno
wn Source)
        at javax.swing.tree.VariableHeightLayoutCache$TreeStateNode.expand(Unkno
wn Source)
        at javax.swing.tree.VariableHeightLayoutCache.ensurePathIsExpanded(Unkno
wn Source)
        at javax.swing.tree.VariableHeightLayoutCache.setExpandedState(Unknown S
ource)
        at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTreeUI.updateExpandedDescendants(Unknown
Source)
        at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTreeUI$Handler.treeExpanded(Unknown Sourc
e)
        at javax.swing.JTree.fireTreeExpanded(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.JTree.setExpandedState(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.JTree.expandPath(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTreeUI.toggleExpandState(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTreeUI.handleExpandControlClick(Unknown S
ource)
        at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTreeUI.checkForClickInExpandControl(Unkno
wn Source)
        at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTreeUI$Handler.handleSelection(Unknown So
urce)
        at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTreeUI$Handler.mousePressedDND(Unknown So
urce)
        at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTreeUI$Handler.mousePressed(Unknown Sourc
e)
        at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mousePressed(Unknown Source)
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap spa
ce
        at java.util.Arrays.copyOf(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.expandCapacity(Unknown Source)
Terminer le programme de commandes (O/N) ? o

Frédéric Esnault - Ingénieur R&D
Legisway
60 boulevard de la mission Marchand
92400 Courbevoie La Défense