jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Frédéric Esnault <f...@legisway.com>
Subject RE: [JCR Controller] Standalone
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2007 09:19:32 GMT
Hi Jaco,

Your idea about the table showing more informations about nodes/properties in the future is
good imo. But I tried again this morning :
- double clicking a table row holding a reference does not select and open the referenced
content node, but selects and open the property node in the tree : the child property of the
node to which this reference property belongs;
- double clicking a reference property tree node under a node in the tree does nothing, except
displaying the properties informations in the right hand side.

And btw, two of us in my company had an out of memory error using the last version (0.61).
It seems the previous one was working. I use it with approx. 15 000 contents (500 contacts,
500 contractors linked to contacts, and 500 contracts linked to contractors)

Frédéric Esnault - Ingénieur R&D
Legisway
60 boulevard de la mission Marchand
92400 Courbevoie La Défense

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Jacco van Weert [mailto:1111software@gmail.com]
Envoyé : mardi 5 juin 2007 18:37
À : users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Objet : Re: [JCR Controller] Standalone

On 6/5/07, Frédéric Esnault <fesn@legisway.com> wrote:

> About the batch startup script :
> Basically this is the same of the one I gave here, except it does not work
> for me (well launches the controller, but cannot connect) because the mySql
> jar is not included.
>
> About version 0.61 :
> It works fine, some new eye candy and maybe some features I didn't see
> yet.
> Now the double click feature is not what I was talking about. More
> generally speaking, I have two remarks about the "clicky" features :
> - first, a simple click on a property in the table (in the right hand
> side) should not open an select the corresponding property node in the tree.
> My opinion only, but it surprised me;

I can imagine.... JCR Controller works with one central selected item
(node/property).
The idea (good/wrong?) is that in future the table can show other things
related to a property...

- second, the double click on a reference property opens the corresponding
> property under the same node, and what I was saying is that it should open
> the referenced node.
> referenced node. I'm not in the contract node anymore, but it opened and
> selected the contractor node referenced by the contract property I double
> clicked.
>
> Am I clear enough?

Hmmmm.... but already if you double click on a (single!) value reference
value in the tree view the referenced node will be expanded and selected.

Jacco