jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Frédéric Esnault <f...@legisway.com>
Subject RE: XASession and hasPendingChanges
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2007 15:52:00 GMT
Of course you can ask ;)

My use case is simple, as I said before in another mail, my company and I are planning to
implement the checkForReferencesInContent method (and the other one, checkForConflictingContent).
And for this, we have to know, for each session of the repository, if it hasPendingChanges
(ie. session hasn't been changed) , and if a transaction is running, not yet committed. This
is why I have to know, from a session, if it is a XASession and if it is, what is the transactional
status.

Frédéric Esnault

-----Message d'origine-----
De : dominique.pfister@gmail.com [mailto:dominique.pfister@gmail.com] De la part de Dominique
Pfister
Envoyé : vendredi 1 juin 2007 17:10
À : users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Objet : Re: XASession and hasPendingChanges

You're right, there is currently no way to tell whether an
XASessionImpl is associated with a transaction and what status that
transaction might be in (as long as you're not the transaction manager
itself, of course). May I ask, what your use case is?

Kind regards
Dominique

On 6/1/07, Frédéric Esnault <fesn@legisway.com> wrote:
> Okay, I agree.
> But this does not solve my problem. It seems (or I didn't find it) that there is no way
to check tx status on a XASessionImpl. It would help, to wait for the end of a transaction,
for example. And if hasPendingChanges stays "limited" to the session save() operation, it
does not help for tx...

> Frédéric Esnault

Pfister