jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Noah Vihinen <nvihi...@maven.net>
Subject Removing Index
Date Sat, 02 Jun 2007 19:57:37 GMT
We've been running into issues with our jackrabbit index on forced
shutdowns.  On restarts, we end up getting errors like the following:

Error indexing root node:

java.io.IOException: Error indexing root node:
b5d9c4a1-07d5-471e-9fc9-e9a2fbd6ae48
         at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.MultiIndex.<init>
(MultiIndex.java:313)
         at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.SearchIndex.doInit
(SearchIndex.java:295)
         at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.AbstractQueryHandler.init
(AbstractQueryHandler.java:44)
         at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SearchManager.initializeQueryHandler
(SearchManager.java:474)
         at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SearchManager.<init>
(SearchManager.java:231)
         at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl
$WorkspaceInfo.getSearchManager(RepositoryImpl.java:1643)
         at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.initWorkspace
(RepositoryImpl.java:633)
         at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.initStartupWorkspaces
(RepositoryImpl.java:386)
         at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.<init>
(RepositoryImpl.java:293)
         at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.create
(RepositoryImpl.java:584)
         at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.jndi.BindableRepository.createRepository
(BindableRepository.java:174)
         at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.jndi.BindableRepository.init
(BindableRepository.java:138)
         at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.jndi.BindableRepository.create
(BindableRepository.java:125)
         at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.jndi.BindableRepositoryFactory.createInstance
(BindableRepositoryFactory.java:59)
         at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.jndi.RegistryHelper.registerRepository
(RegistryHelper.java:60)

We attempted to get around this issue by simply deleted the index of
the repository (on the particular machine in a cluster) and restarted
with no luck.  In the end, the only thing that seems to work is to
copy the index directory from one of the other functional machines in
our cluster, followed by a restart.

This seems like a really ugly way of getting around this issue.  Is
there something obvious we're doing wrong.  Shouldn't it be possible
to add a machine to a cluster with no pre-existing index?  What are
we missing?

Thanks,
Noah