jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Nicolas Modrzyk <nicolas.modr...@macnica.com>
Subject Re: xpath question (bug, specs, ask for help)
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2007 05:58:39 GMT
Hi Christoph, and list,

Thank you for your quick reference.

Just as a follow up on this, for other people, a path like:

/ja/2005report1

would really need just the first character of 2005report1 to be
encoded to be properly searched. So that would give us and xpath
query like:

//ja/PressRelease/_x0032_005report1

Note also that the hexa decimal needs to be on four digits.

One last note, encoding the whole name in hexa doesn't work. Each
hexa character would need to be surrounded by the "_x" and "_"
characters.

So in our example, the xpath would be the following:
//ja/PressRelease/_x0032__x0030_05report1

Hope that this can help someone in the future.

As Jan Ku┼║niak noted last december, it would be really great if this
was transparent.

Thanks again,

Nicolas,