jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Nandana Mihindukulasooriya" <nandana....@gmail.com>
Subject Setting Security Configuration in repository.xml
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2007 13:48:49 GMT
Hi,
  There was a detailed description about the Workspace Configuration,
Versioning configuration and Persistence managers in repository.xml in the
Jackrabiit site and it was very useful. But there was not much details about
security configurations. I went through the 6.9 Acess Control section of the
JSR-170 also but didn't get much details. In the repository.xml,

    <Security appName="Jackrabbit">
        <!--
            access manager:
            class: FQN of class implementing the AccessManager interface
        -->
        <AccessManager class="
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.security.SimpleAccessManager">
            <!-- <param name="config" value="${rep.home}/access.xml"/> -->
        </AccessManager>

        <LoginModule class="
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.security.SimpleLoginModule">
           <!-- anonymous user name ('anonymous' is the default value) -->
           <param name="anonymousId" value="anonymous"/>
        </LoginModule>
    </Security>

How can access.xml be used to define security configurations and what should
it's format be ? I tried to find a
sample access.xml in the source but wasn't able to. I would be really
thankful if someone can give me a brief
explanation about these configurations.

Thank you,
Nandana