jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Bruce Li" <...@tirawireless.com>
Subject Jackrabbit performance issue
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2007 16:29:04 GMT
 

 

Hi all,

I am using Jackrabbit v1.3 and I got the performance issue.

The problem is when I visit object notes (for example, "Company"), it
costs more than 25 second to visit all "Company" notes.

 

The persistence manager is Oracle DB:

<PersistenceManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.db.OraclePersistenceManager">

The web container is Tomcat v5.5.15.

 

For the performance test, I list the following facts:

1. 

1. In my repository, there are 339 "Company" object instances, which are
organized as a notes under "/root/repo/company-note/". Each field of
"Company" is stored as property or child note.

2. When export data from "/root/repo/company-note/", I got the XML
output of "Company" with the size of 1513KB.

3. When I export data from "/", I got the XML of 111,674 KB (I think
that all data in my repository)

4. The "Company" note is "mix:referenceable".

 

The CacheManager always do "resize", when I am doing "search" or any
other operation. 

The console output is the following:

 

..

177888 [http-8080-Processor18] INFO
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.CacheManager  - resizeAll size=8

178917 [http-8080-Processor18] INFO
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.CacheManager  - resizeAll size=8

179947 [http-8080-Processor18] INFO
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.CacheManager  - resizeAll size=8

180961 [http-8080-Processor18] INFO
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.CacheManager  - resizeAll size=10

...

 

The configuration in repository.xml is using default values as the
following:

 

  <     <param name="useCompoundFile" value="true" /> 

  <param name="minMergeDocs" value="100" /> 

  <param name="volatileIdleTime" value="3" /> 

  <param name="maxMergeDocs" value="100000" /> 

  <param name="mergeFactor" value="10" /> 

  <param name="bufferSize" value="10" /> 

  <param name="cacheSize" value="1000" /> 

  <param name="forceConsistencyCheck" value="false" /> 

  <param name="autoRepair" value="true" /> 

  <param name="analyzer"
value="org.apache.lucene.analysis.standard.StandardAnalyzer" /> 

  <param name="queryClass"
value="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.QueryImpl" /> 

  <param name="idleTime" value="-1" /> 

 

 

This performance issue is critical for me. However, I did not see other
people report the performance issue like this. I am wondering what's
wrong with my configuration.

 

Thanks,

Bruce Li

t: 416.642.8472 ext. 241
f: 416.932.6299 

 


Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message