jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Blob in another directory
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2007 10:01:46 GMT
hi glaucio,

On 5/31/07, Glaucio Scheibel <glaucio.scheibel@datasul.com.br> wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> I look at the source codes and I found the cause:
>
> In DatabasePersistenceManager, if the externalBlob property is true, it
> creates a new LocalFileSystem object using the context.getHomeDir
> instead using the root path of context.getFileSystem. There is another
> problem: the root path of a FileSystem is not readable, so I had to
> change this property visibility to create the FileSystem with the
> correct path.
> This is a real problem for me because I need to create each workspace in
> a separate paths. Till now the only solution is setting the externalBlob
> property to false.

you could e.g. override the init(PMContext) method in your
DatabasePersistenceManager derived class as follows:

    public void init(PMContext context) throws Exception {
        super.init(context);

        if (externalBLOBs) {
            /**
             * store BLOBs in a sub directory of the workspace's
             * virtual file system
             */
            BasedFileSystem blobFS = new
BasedFileSystem(context.getFileSystem(), "blobs");
            blobFS.init();
            this.blobFS = blobFS;
            blobStore = new FileSystemBLOBStore(blobFS);
        }
    }

however, i have difficulties understanding your requirement. could you please
elaborate why you need to locate the workspace home directories outside
the repository home dir?

cheers
stefan