jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Waschkowski" <mwaschkow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: difference between xpath searches
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2007 13:09:43 GMT
Hi Jukka and Felix,

Just wanted to let you know that beyond me learning some details about
jackrabbit, this conversation also spurred me to write a bit of test code to
increase my understanding, and I may have actually found a bug! The test
seems to show that a Query does actually see non-persistent results. I'm not
100% sure about the test case, but looks reasonable enough to create a jira
about it to see what other people think. Feel free to contact me directly if
you would like.

Best,

Mark

//would expect the last assertion to hold true unless the session is saved
 public void testSession() throws RepositoryException{
    String parentNodeName = "documents";
    Node parentNode = session.getRootNode().addNode(parentNodeName);

    String nodeName = "contact";
    Node node = session.getRootNode
().getNode(parentNodeName).addNode(nodeName);
    node.setProperty("firstName", "joe");

    Node contactNode = session.getRootNode().getNode(parentNodeName + "/" +
nodeName);
    assertNotNull(contactNode);

    String xpath = parentNodeName;
    NodeIterator ni = session.getRootNode().getNode(xpath).getNodes();
    System.out.println("ni count =" + ni.getSize());
    String name1 = ni.nextNode().getName().toString();
    System.out.println("Found node using getNode(xpath):" + name1);

    //session.save();
    Workspace ws = session.getWorkspace();
    QueryManager qm = ws.getQueryManager();
    Query q = qm.createQuery(xpath, Query.XPATH);
    NodeIterator iter = q.execute().getNodes();
    while(iter.hasNext()){
      Node queryNode = iter.nextNode();
      System.out.println("Found node using Query:" + queryNode.getName());
    }

    System.out.println("iter size=" + iter.getSize());
    assertEquals(0, iter.getSize());
  }

--
Best,