jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Waschkowski" <mwaschkow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: difference between xpath searches
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2007 20:42:58 GMT
Hi Jukka,

Hmm, that seems a bit funny to me, especially the part that says that if the
query result has nodes in it that are persisted, that they will reflect the
current state of the node *from the session*.

I'm going to restate this like so:
1) The NodeIterator from a query will never include nodes that have been
added within a session but not yet saved
2) A NodeIterator's node from a query will reflect the state of any changes
that have been made within the current session, whether or not they have yet
been persisted.

Again, seems funny to me that a NodeIterator from a query will not see
*additional nodes* from the current session, but will see *changes to nodes*
that are from the current session.

Am I missing something here, or is this just, um, the way things are?

Thanks,

Mark

--
Best,