jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Adrian Sutton <adr...@symphonious.net>
Subject Jackrabbit In Low Memory Situations
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2007 22:20:14 GMT
Hi all,
We've developed a web app that's using Jackrabbit as it's content
repository and need to deploy it into an environment with quite
limited memory and are seeing a couple of problems:

* When adding a large amount of data to the repository (via a series
of write operations, not a JCR import as the existing data isn't in a
JCR repository), we encounter an out of memory exception. If we do
the import with an increased amount of RAM (128M) the import goes
through correctly and we can then restart and run the web app in 64M
of RAM without further problems.

* When running in limited RAM, we're finding the web app runs quite
slowly - more so than any other web apps (with very similar
functionality) on the same server.

We obviously will need to do a fair bit of profiling work and
determine particular bottlenecks etc, however with the limited
knowledge of Jackrabbit that we have at this stage, it's a difficult
task. Are there particular configuration options we should
investigate that may help? At the moment we're using the default
configuration which is unlikely to be ideal.

Vague pointers and general hand waving type answers are welcome (as
are silver bullets but they're harder to come by).

Thanks in advance,

Adrian Sutton
http://www.symphonious.net