jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Dominique Pfister" <dominique.pfis...@day.com>
Subject Re: Clustering documentation
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2007 08:41:52 GMT
Hi Andrea,

It is a must. The journal - whether stored in a file or in the
database - does not contain the actual data but only the information
about what items did change. This implies that the BLOB storage must
be visible to all nodes in the cluster. Further on, changes to this
storage must be transactionally safe, e.g. changes made by one node in
the cluster may only be visible to all other nodes AFTER the change
has been committed.

Kind regards
Dominique