jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Mihai Anescu" <mane...@totalsoft.ro>
Subject JBoss JTA transaction timeout
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2007 13:51:40 GMT
Hi,

I have this situation/problem:

We are using JBoss Seam, I have a Stateless EJB configured to do all the
work for the JackRabbit repository, and I have a method that just
retrieves content (files that were previously added by other methods).

So, the flow would be:

1) Load the entity

2) Get a reference to the stateless EJB

3) Call the method to retrieve the content

4) If something is found I put a download button on the interface

The content in the repository is linked to the entity (via an XPath
composed from the entity type + hierarchy + id)

So in the step 3 method, I open a session, and call some methods:

        Session session = getSession();

        Node node = retrieveNode(session, path);

        Node content = null;

        if (node.hasNode(JCR_CONTENT)) {

           content = node.getNode(JCR_CONTENT);

I just read content from the repository, I don't add/modify anything!

But when the method is called I get:

[org.apache.jackrabbit.core.TransactionContext] Transaction rolled back
because timeout expired.

So what's the cause?

If I use session.logout() then I get another exception, I read somewhere
that the session attaches itself to the current JTA transaction.

Regards,

Mihai