jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: WebApp, Tomcat5.5 and JNDI
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2007 14:22:37 GMT
Hi,

On 6/29/07, Alessandro Bologna <alessandro.bologna@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been struggling with this for a while. If I start a repository with
> jackrabbit-webapp.war (because I need the webdav server), and I want to
> access the Repository object from another application deployed as another
> war file, in Tomcat 5.5, how do I do it? The wiki suggestions don't really
> help, because in this case the RepositoryStartupServlet uses the
> DummyInitialContextFactory and not the bindable one.
> Does anybody have a solution that "just works"?

The problem is that Tomcat doesn't allow a webapp to write the parts
of the default JNDI tree that are available to other applications. You
could work around that by putting DummyInitialContextFactory in a
shared classloader along with the JCR API jar file.

Another, more elegant option would be to use the cross-context
attributes as implemented in the jackrabbit-jcr-servlet component that
unfortunatley hasn't yet been released.

BR,

Jukka Zitting