jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: concurrent writes (JCR-314)
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2007 07:10:14 GMT
Hi,

On 6/12/07, Rafał Kwiecień <rafal@consol.pl> wrote:
> Dnia środa, 6 czerwca 2007 14:17, Jukka Zitting napisał:
> > In addition to the fine grained locking work there's another ongoing
> > effor that may end up helping you. I'm currently working on a global
> > "data store" concept (see JCR-926 and the related thread on dev@) that
> > decouples storage of binary properties from the item persistence. This
> > way reading or writing a large binary will never block the repository
> > regardless of granularity of locking in the item state manager.
>
> Thanks Jukka. It would solve my problem. Could you tell me when this feature
> will be available in Jackrabbit? Version 1.4 or later?

It seems like the feature itself will be ready in good time before 1.4
(tentatively scheduled for September-October), but since the feature
will not be backwards compatible we will also need a set of migration
tools and upgrade documentation and it is not yet certain whether all
that will be ready by the 1.4 release.

You can vote for JCR-926 or leave a comment there saying that you'd
like the feature to be in 1.4 already. It would be great if you could
also help with testing the feature and the possible migration tools
later on when the feature becomes a bit more polished.

BR,

Jukka Zitting