jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Persistence SearchIndex to database
Date Sat, 09 Jun 2007 08:32:32 GMT
Hi,

[Please don't cross-post across users@ and dev@. I'm responding just on users@.]

On 6/8/07, Gary Dong <garydongdev@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm using oracle as my repository. I'm think also persistence the search
> index to the database. I got two question on that.
>
> 1. Is that a good idea to also persistence the search index to the database?

It might be a good idea (see my previous messages on users@), but at
the moment it is not possible in Jackrabbit.

> 2. Assume it is a feasible idea. I configured the <SearchIndex> element by
> provide a <FileSystem> which is configured as OracleFileSystem in my
> <Workspace> configuration as below. When I run the application  I noticed
> that the  search index is still on local file system.

Even though the configuration format allows you to specify a
<FileSystem> for a <SearchIndex>, the current
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.SearchIndex class
unfortunately ignores any such virtual filesystem configurations for
performance reasons.

BR,

Jukka Zitting