jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IO Exception in "MsWordTextFilter"
Date Sat, 09 Jun 2007 08:27:45 GMT

On 6/7/07, gsoap <gsoap123@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am getting following exception when I store any Microsoft Word 2003 file
> in my repository.
> [ WARN] 55:48 (LazyReader.java:read:82)
> exception initializing reader
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.MsWordTextFilter$
> 1: java.io.IOException
> How can I resolve this issue?

This could well be caused by a problem in parsing the Word file. Do
you see more context in the exception stack trace?

You could try saving the file in a previous Word format and check if
it can then be indexed. Jackrabbit is relying on external parser
components so there's not too much we can do for such parse errors
other than upgrading the parser dependencies whenever new versions
become available.

Jukka Zitting

View raw message