jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JCR-325 - multivalued properties in doc view export
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2007 14:15:23 GMT
Hi,

On 6/8/07, Frédéric Esnault <fesn@legisway.com> wrote:
> Well first I think an error is better than a JCR exporting silently an erroneous
> document, but this is my opinion.

The JCR spec actually gives some leeway to implementations on what to
include in docview exports, so AFAIUI we're not actually producing
erroneous documents. But you're right in that the current solution is
suboptimal. Perhaps we should restore the feature to export
multivalued properties and throw an exception if someone attempts to
import such a document.

> Then it puts me into trouble because the system view correctly exports the
> multivalued properties, but on import it gives me the error :
>
> {http://www.jcp.org/jcr/mix/1.0}referenceable: already contained in primary node type
>
> No idea why it's complaining about this?

Hmm, I'll need to check the code. If it's coming from the import code
then we may need to change that.

BR,

Jukka Zitting