jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: concurrent writes (JCR-314)
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2007 12:17:15 GMT
Hi,

On 5/31/07, Rafał Kwiecień <rafal@consol.pl> wrote:
> I have problem with saving big files in the jackrabbit repository. If a big
> file is saved, no other operation (read or write) can be performed for a long
> time. Has anybody similar problem ? Does someone know any solution ? Is there
> any workaround which can help ?

In addition to the fine grained locking work there's another ongoing
effor that may end up helping you. I'm currently working on a global
"data store" concept (see JCR-926 and the related thread on dev@) that
decouples storage of binary properties from the item persistence. This
way reading or writing a large binary will never block the repository
regardless of granularity of locking in the item state manager.

BR,

Jukka Zitting