jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Full text searching?
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2007 08:09:41 GMT
Hi,

On 6/4/07, gsoap <gsoap123@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I want to perform full text searching in Jackrabbit repository?
>
> Can anyone please tell me the steps to do that?

What are you looking at?

1) Content modeling: If you want to do full text searches against
binary documents in addition to strings and other properties, you need
to put the binaries in nt:resource nodes with proper jcr:mimeType
settings.

2) Repository configuration: See the jackrabbit-text-extractors
component for the available full text indexing options for binary
documents.

3) Client application: See the QueryManager and related interfaces in
the JCR API.

BR,

Jukka Zitting