jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: XASession and hasPendingChanges
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2007 16:06:20 GMT
Hi,

On 6/1/07, Frédéric Esnault <fesn@legisway.com> wrote:
> My use case is simple, as I said before in another mail, my company and I are
> planning to implement the checkForReferencesInContent method (and the other
> one, checkForConflictingContent). And for this, we have to know, for each session
> of the repository, if it hasPendingChanges (ie. session hasn't been changed), and
> if a transaction is running, not yet committed. This is why I have to know, from
> a session, if it is a XASession and if it is, what is the transactional status.

The pending transaction changes are kept in the XAItemStateManager
class managed by the XAWorkspace. You may need to propose a new method
to get the state of pending changes.

Alternatively, as suggested in my "raw mode" post to dev@, we might
want to explicitly restrict administrative operations like node type
removals to cases where only a single admin session is accessing the
repository.